The University of Warwick is committed to being able to ensure as many academically outstanding students as possible from around the world are able to study here.
The Chancellor's International Scholarships are allocated annually via a combined postgraduate research scholarship competition and are open to all overseas students in any discipline offered at Warwick.
Applications for the Chancellor's International Scholarships to be considered for 2018/19 entry are now closed.
The deadline for uploading supporting documents (references and transcripts) is 2nd February 2018. Documents uploaded after this deadline will not be considered as part of the scholarship competition.
For 2018/19 entry there will be 25 Chancellor's International Scholarships available to be awarded to the most outstanding international PhD applicants. Awards made for entry in Autumn 2018 will include both of the following:
- The full payment of overseas tuition fees (worth up to £20,730 at 17/18 rates, this figure is likely to increase with inflation for 2018/19)
- A maintenance stipend in line with RCUK rates (provisional £14,777 for full time award holders in 2018/19)
- Length of funding: 3.5 years unless you are already in your first year of study when you apply then the length of funding will be reduced accordingly
- Applicants for a Chancellor's International Scholarship must also be applying for a PhD at the University of Warwick to begin in October 2018;
- Students currently enrolled on a PhD or MPhil/PhD at the University of Warwick may apply in their first year of registration only;
- Applicants must expect to be 'overseas' students for fees purposes, but there is no other nationality criteria;
- Applicants may be from any discipline at Warwick.
We strongly advise that all applicants read the guidance listed below before completing an application form. Part of the application will be based on the PGR Ranking Criteria and so it is important you are familiar with this document.
Please note due to the volume of enquiries the Graduate School is unable to send any application materials to potential applicants.
How to Apply
Applicants should read the guidance notes carefully before completing the application form.
- New applicants can apply for the Chancellor’s International Scholarship by completing the Joint Postgraduate Admissions and Scholarship Application form. If you are eligible for this scholarship you will be asked if you would like to be considered for funding as part of your application to the University. Please select YES at this point and you will be invited to complete further information that will form the basis of your application for this Scholarship.
- If you are in the first year of your PhD or applied before 1st August 2017 and would like to be considered for this Scholarship to fund the remainder of your studies, please complete the Single Scholarship Application form.
The Application deadline for this year’s competition is 23:59pm (GMT) on Friday 19th January 2018.
All supporting documents (references and transcripts) must be uploaded by Friday 2nd February 2018 at the latest.
Please note no late applications will be accepted.
Results of the PGR Scholarships Competition will be communicated through email by mid March 2018.
Please do not contact the Graduate School before this date to enquire about results.
Please note: due to the large volume of applications the Graduate School is unable to provide individual feedback to applicants.
Colleagues seeking further information about the postgraduate research scholarship competition should visit the Graduate School's staff pages.