Wits University – TU Berlin Bilateral program is offering 11 fully funded Masters scholarships to sub-Saharan African Students in South Africa and Germany 2019. The scholarship covers; full tuition fees, monthly living stipend, accommodation, travel cost …
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP:
Following the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Paris Agreement, there is a recognition of the fundamental roles played by cities and urban areas in fostering sustainable development.
The Federal Ministry for Economic is funding the Wits University-TU Berlin bilateral Urban Lab programme. The scholarships will be undertaken in the School of Architecture & Planning at Wits University in South Africa and summer/spring school in Berlin, Germany.
Scholarships are provided to help Sub-Saharan African students acquire advance knowledge and skills in urban oriented graduate programs. Therefore, the scholarship recipients will use the skills acquired to solve urban problems and challenges.
The focus is in the following innovation areas; politics & policy of the urban, understanding complex urban systems, managing change processes and coproducing knowledge.
COURSES OF STUDY:
- Masters of Science in Development Planning
- Master of Urban Studies (Sustainable Energy Efficient Cities)
- Master of Urban Studies (Housing and Human Settlements)
- Master of Urban Studies (Urban Politics and Governance)
- Master of Urban Studies (Urban Management)
7 scholarships are awarded for a Masters of Urban Studies (Urban Management)
You must meet the eligibility criteria below;
- Be a citizen of a sub-Saharan African country except South African citizens
- Have the required qualifications for admission into the master degree programme at Wits University
- Previous degree should not more than 6 years from graduation
- English proficiency for applicants from non-English speaking countries is required
- Admitted for a Masters degree program and have a ‘person number’ issued by Wits University upon application for admission.
- Scholarships are warded by merit, distribution by country and gender balance
- No age limit
Successful applicants receive the following;
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly living stipend to cover subsistence expenses, accommodation and any other costs
- Travel costs (from home to the country of studies)
- Summer or Spring School costs in Berlin
- You will also benefit from guest lectures and joint supervision scheme at the Wits University.
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete and submit the basic Application form https://self-service.wits.ac.za/psc/csprodonl/UW_SELF_SERVICE/SA/c/VC_OA_LOGIN_MENU.VC_OA_LOGIN_FL.GBL?&
Afterwards, you will get access to the full application form.
Send a completed application form to email@example.com
By 31st July 2019
Please check the official scholarship website for further information on the eligibility criteria and how to apply