The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is awarding fully funded postgraduate scholarships in Germany, 2019. The scholarships offer; tuition fees, monthly living stipend, health insurance, accident & personal liability insurance, travel allowance and German language course payment …
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP:
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers fully funded development related Masters and PhD scholarships, academic year 2019.
Awards are meant for international students from eligible developing countries. The scholarships cover a wide range masters and doctoral programs at selected German Universities.
The aim of the DAAD scholarships aim at awarding an opportunity to academically talented young professionals in specialized masters and PhD studies in Germany.
The Masters degree program lasts between 12 to 24 months. However, the duration will depend on the course and the university. The PhD scholarship will last for 36.
ELIGIBLE GERMAN UNIVERSITIES:
- Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft (HTW) Berlin
- Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
- Universität Leipzig
- Ruhr-Universität Bochum
- Universität Bonn and United Nations Institute for Environment and Human Security (UNU-EHS)
- Universität Bonn, Zentrum für Entwicklungsforschung (ZEF)
- Hochschule Rhein-Waal, Campus Kleve
- Technische Universität Darmstadt
- Technische Universität Dresden
- Europa-Universität Flensburg
- Leibniz Universität Hannover
- Universität Oldenburg
- Hochschule für Technik Stuttgart
COURSES OF STUDY:
- Economic Sciences, Business Administration or Political Economics
- Development Cooperation
- Engineering & Related Sciences
- Regional and Urban Planning
- Agricultural & Forest Sciences
- Natural & Environmental Sciences
- Medicine & Public Health
- Social Sciences
- Education & Law
- Media Studies
The DAAD scholarship will offer the items indicated below;
- Tuition fees
- Monthly living payments (750 euros for graduates and 1,000 euros for PhD candidates)
- Health insurance,
- Accident & personal liability insurance
- Travel allowance
- German Language course payment
Ideal candidates for the DAAD scholarship MUST meet the following criteria;
- Employed in either a public authority/state or private company in a developing country. Additionally, must be engaged in the planning & execution of projects targeted on development policies in technological, economic or social areas.
- Have a 4year undergraduate degree with good results in a related subject of study
- 2 years of related professional experience after the undergraduate degree
- With a previous degree not be more than 6 years’ old
- German language level of B1 is required for German language courses.. Please note that, the scholarship covers for the German language course.
- Band 6 IELTS certificate or TOEFL certificate is required for course taught in English
DAAD SCHOLARSHIP SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Motivation and commitment to development as well as change agents
- Professional experience and academic capability
- Female and disadvantaged qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply directly to the respective course of study. However, check the course application dates for each course as well as the required documentation.
- Signed DAAD scholarship application form
- Recent Curriculum Vitae written in Europass form format
- Letter of motivation (2 pages)
- Headed, signed and stamped recommendation from your previous university
- Current employer headed and signed recommendation letter
- Language certificates (English or German)
- Academic degrees certificates and transcripts including the final result/grade
If you intend to apply for more than one course (a maximum of 3 courses is permitted), submit one motivation letter explaining the reasons as to why you are applying for these specific programs.
Submit your application by August to October 2019
Visit the DAAD scholarship website and read all the information before applying