Commonwealth is offering fully funded PhD Scholarships at the University of Pretoria, South Africa 2020. The scholarships will cover; tuition fees, travel costs, accommodation, shuttle costs, medical insurance, stationary, Visa costs and research costs …
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP:
Commonwealth is offering PhD scholarships for students from commonwealth countries (excluding South African citizens), academic year 2020 at University of Pretoria.
Why the University of Pretoria? The University is one of the top academically recognised university in South Africa and Africa as a whole.
The scholarship is awarded for a period of 3 years. However, an extension request can be considered under exceptional cases by the supervisor.
The scholarship is awarded to applicants who meet the following eligibility criteria;
- Be a citizen of an eligible Commonwealth country (Except South Africa)
- Start studies at the University of Pretoria in the academic year 2020
- Have completed a degree (more than two years prior).
- 35 years of age or below at the time of tendering in your application
The University of Pretoria Doctoral Commonwealth Scholarships will cover the following;
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation and living costs
- Medical Aid/insurance
- Study materials (Books or Stationery)
- Travel costs (To and from)
- Shuttle pick up costs from Tambo International Airport to Pretoria
- University of Pretoria PhD application fees
- Visa costs
Research costs will be covered by the Supervisor and any other additional costs will be covered by the University
Family member expenses & extra baggage expenses will not be covered
Submit the University of Pretoria PhD Commonwealth Scholarship form together with the following documents;
- Online application
- A motivation letter written by a prospective PhD supervisor indicating they will supervise you and that research funding is available.
- Proposed research work outline (one A4 page)
- A curriculum vita not more than 3 pages
- A copy of a valid passport
- Academic transcripts
All documents should be sent as a single PDF document to Leanne.firstname.lastname@example.org indicating UP Commonwealth in the subject heading
Selection of candidates will be based on;
- Previous academic performance
- Research potential
- Leadership qualities
- Research accomplishment at the masters’ degree level which can be supported by publications
- Any prizes and honours received
HOW TO APPLY:
Please, read the conditions in the PDF attachment in the official website
Submit your application by 2nd September 2019
Please visit the university and scholarship website for more information that you may need before applying;